A simple way to start with Madar Lite WordPress Theme, Follow this steps to get your WebSite online
WORKING WITH WORDPRESS – USEFUL LINKS
- The WordPress Codex – the official WordPress manual containing lots of information and tutorials about working with WordPress.
- WP101 Basics Training – the perfect beginning spot for those just getting started with WordPress. The video tutorials provided are very helpful to easily understand how WordPress works.
Upload via ftp:
Firstly, unzip the madarlite.zip file to a directory on your computer. It contains a folder named “Madar Lite”. Upload this folder to your server via ftp to the /themes/ directory on your WordPress installation. (wp-content > themes)
Upload via WordPress admin:
Go to your WordPress admin, and in the Appearance-panel, choose Add New Themes. Click Add new. Upload the madarlite.zip file.
Installing WordPress http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
- If you were using a WordPress theme before Madar Lite then we recommend you to install
Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin (free plugin)
- after activating plugin click as the below image: “click Regenerate All Thumbnails (2)”
*-You must generate the image’s dimension
2: Building Custom Menus
Go to the Appearance > Menus in the sidebar in order to load the Menu Editor page. From this page you can control anything related to your website menus.
Create a new menu
- Click the create a new menu link at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box.
- Click the Save Menu button.
- Add pages, categories to the menu and select theme menu location and save menu.
3.Install Front Page
- Create a blank page and name it “Home”
- Go to “Reading” in your “Dashboard” and in “Front page displays” Select A static page (select below) … select the “Home” page previously created as the homepage
- Then Go to “Appearance” then to “Widgets”
There is a widget area in the front page of Madar Lite theme, First you need to put the appropriate widget in the good area as in the image bellow :